The editor’s at GreenWorld365 are all fired up again. We’re getting ready to attend the Natural Products Expo West/SupplyExpo in Anaheim, CA next week. The Natural Products Expo is a wall-to-wall event that fills the Anaheim Convention Center featuring more than 1900 companies in the natural, organic and specialty foods, supplements, and health and beauty, natural living, organic, and pet products industries. The trade show will be held March 5-8.
Last year’s event attracted a record-setting 52,000 attendees. It’s always so encouraging to see this many companies all working to make a difference — whether its changing their manufacturing processes, or sourcing better ingredients. The variety of natural products available in the last few years has grown exponentially and events the like Natural Products just underscore the changes taking place in companies all over the world.
This year’s show will feature more than 250 new, first-time exhibitors. Other highlights include an interactive keynote presentation hosted by Peter Sagal of National Public Radio’s “Wait…Wait…Don’t Tell Me”, in which a panel of industry leaders will have their natural knowledge put to the test.
Related events taking place at the same time include:
- SupplyExpo: A tradeshow featuring the latest ingredients, technologies, and manufacturing services for the healthy products industry.
- Nutracon: The premier event for ingredient and technology innovation in the health and nutrition industry.
- Fresh Ideas Organic Marketplace: An outdoor tabletop event for buyers and manufacturers of certified organic products.
- Healthy Baking Seminar: An event for bakers and food manufacturers featuring in-depth presentations on formulating healthful bakery foods.
- Natural Products Expo West, which was honored by Tradeshow Week as one of the “Top 50 Fastest Growing Shows” and awarded a prestigious Gold Standard Award by Trade Show Executive magazine as a “Leader in Green Initiatives,” is tracking ahead of last year, despite a flagging overall economy.
For the first time ever, Natural Products Expo West, in its 29th year, will feature a direct sale event open to attendees. The Eco-Bazaar, an open-air market featuring top eco-fashions and green products, will be held Thursday, March 5 from 2:00-7:00 p.m.
Natural Products Expo West/SupplyExpo is open to a professional audience of manufacturers, buyers, and industry members. It is NOT open to the general public.